New Playgrounds for Robert Frost and Devonshire Schools
Construction is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, July 5. Both the Robert Frost and Devonshire playgrounds will be closed. The playgrounds are scheduled to re-open in early September.
Friendship Park Conservatory & Rosemary S. Argus Friendship Park Improvement Project
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) through their Open Space Land Acquisition and Development (OSLAD) Grant, has awarded the Mt. Prospect Park District’s Rosemary S. Argus Friendship Park Conservatory a $400,000 matching funds grant. The total anticipated budget for the proposed project is $1,275,000. This project should be available to bidders in early 2023 and complete by fall of 2023.
The proposed project would combine new park amenities and improvements including:
- Refurbished pedestrian pathways and the looping of the path system
- Resurfacing the main parking lot
- New 250 person event pad and electric service next to the FPC, with a permanent structure for about 120
- New Fitness Stations along the walking path
- New shelter near the playground
- Refresh and enhance memorial gardens
- Resurface the existing tennis courts
- New accessible drinking fountain at the Concessions Building
- New tables and benches throughout the park
- New landscape plating and trees throughout the park
Thank you to all the residents that reviewed the plan and gave feedback during our Community Forum.