Updated: May 29
Under Phase 3, Mt. Prospect Park District facilities remain closed.
- The Art Studio
- Central Community Center
- Friendship Park Conservatory
- Lions Recreation Center
In the interest of community safety, the Mt. Prospect Park District has made the difficult decision to close Big Surf and Meadows pools for the 2020 summer season. A decision on lap swimming and programs at RecPlex pool is forthcoming. Credits have been placed on park district accounts for families that purchased summer pool passes. If you are looking for a refund, please visit mppd.org/park-district-info/contact-us
Parks & Playgrounds
Playgrounds are currently closed and scheduled to reopen in Phase 4 of Restore Illinois. Please call 911, if you witness anyone removing caution tape or park closure signage. Thank you for your assistance and patience.
Playground use at our parks is prohibited including basketball. Per the order of the Mount Prospect Police Department and the Village of Mount Prospect, basketball is not allowed in our neighborhood parks as it draws groups larger than those dictated by the order from the Governor of Illinois. Gatherings, games and contact sports are prohibited per the Mount Prospect Chief of Police.
Canine Commons Dog Park is closed until further notice. Dog Park Memberships will be extended upon re-opening. This decision was made in conjunction with the Arlington Heights Park District.
Please review the following information regarding credits and refunds:
- All classes, programs and events scheduled through April 7 will automatically receive a household credit on participants’ registration/WebStore accounts. Credit processing is underway this week. Patrons seeking a refund can contact our Billing Registrar, Toria Davis at email@example.com or fill out the Contact Us form here.
- Rentals & Parties: If your party has been scheduled during this time, staff is reaching out and we will work on rescheduling or issuing a refund.
If you have any questions regarding our refund policy, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the Contact Us form.<
Athletic Leagues – Baseball, Softball, Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball
All spring athletic leagues remain on hold until further notice. This means that ALL practices, home and away games, and tournament play remain suspended until further notice.
Park Permits are not being issued at this time.
As of Thursday, May 21 tennis courts are open for singles play. No doubles play allowed. There is a maximum of 2 people on any court at any given time. No other activities or gatherings are permitted within the fenced tennis court enclosure. View the rules here – Tennis courts COVID rules
We encourage individuals to get outdoors when possible, in accordance with the CDC Guidelines on Social Distancing.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene — wash hands, carry hand sanitizer, do not use parks/walking paths if you have symptoms, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, etc.
- Observe at all times CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, bike or hike.
The District will continue to update patrons as the situation evolves. However, if you need to contact us directly, please fill out the Contact Us form.