- RecPlex and Central Community Center are open and operational, including Fitness Centers. Hours are expanding to include Sunday from 8am – Noon.
- Face masks are required to be worn at all times with the only exception being while swimming, and showering. (Updated 2/13/21)
- 1-on-1 personal training permitted
- Machines are spaced to allow for 6 feet of social distancing
- Locker rooms are open with limited lockers and showers available
- Walking Track is open
- Lap swim available, reservations required. To make a reservation, CLICK HERE.
- Face masks must be worn at all times on the pool deck and in the locker room.
- Aquafitness Classes, Private Swim Lessons, Sharks Winter Swim Team are back in-person
- Tot Pool Rentals available
- For rental inquiries please call 847-255-5380 for additional information
- Course closed for the season
RecPlex & Central Community Center Hours
|Monday – Friday||6 am – 8 pm|
|Saturday||8 am – 2pm|
|Sunday||8 am – Noon|
- RecPlex & CCC Fitness Centers Open
- Pool open for Lap Swim Only for patrons 18 and older. For details or to make a lap lane reservation, CLICK HERE
Not available: Open Gym, Open Skate, Babysitting, PlayPlex, No Walking at Inline Rink
Fitness Membership FAQ's
Q: If I purchased a yearly All-In membership, will I be credited for the months MPPD was closed?
A: Yes, an extension will be given for the number of days the facility was closed.
Q: If I have a recurring membership, will I be charged when you re-open?
A: The first time you swipe in at one of our facilities, staff can instantly re-activate your membership if you so choose. If you are not ready to return, your membership will remain frozen.
Q: How can I lap swim at RecPlex without an available Courts, Pool & Track membership?
A: Several options exist including the purchase of an All-In or Premier Plus membership as well as the option to pay a daily fee.
Q: I do not plan on coming back, how do I cancel my membership?
A: Please call or stop in our facilities during posted hours of operation and we will cancel your membership.
Q: I purchased a variable membership that was frozen. I do not plan on coming back and would like a credit on my account. Is this possible?
A: Yes, please call our facilities to get the credit posted.
Q: Do I have to wear a face mask while in the facilities?
A: A face mask is required when inside any District facility.
Q: Are the locker rooms and showers available?
A: Yes. However, we recommend that you arrive dressed in your swimsuit or workout clothes. Limited shower stalls are available.
Q: Should I clean my fitness machine after use?
A: Yes, please clean the machine before and after use. We have wipes and spray bottles/paper towels available. Your efforts will go a long way in keeping everyone safe within our fitness center.
Q: What is the capacity of each fitness center?
A: CCC – 12 RecPlex – 25
Friendship Park Conservatory
|Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday||10 am – 3 pm|
|Saturday||11 am – 3 pm|
For rental inquries or a tour, fill out a Rental Request Form
Lions Recreation Center
Lions Recreation Center is closed to general public.
The Art Studio
The Art Studio is open for in person classes. Closed to drop-ins.
Canine Commons Dog Park
Canine Commons Dog Park is open to current members. Face coverings are required.
Parks & Playgrounds
Playgrounds are open. Please keep the following guidelines in mind when visiting:
- Do not play on the playground if you are sick or symptomatic
- No more than 50 people at a time
- Wear face coverings in the presence of others
- Maintain a 6ft. Social distance whenever possible
- Play at your own risk. Playgrounds are not sanitized
- Caregivers are responsible for supervising children and ensuring guidelines are followed
What should I know BEFORE I GO?
There are a few things to keep in mind when entering a Mt. Prospect Park District facility for a program, workout, registration or event. In many cases, the list of requirements will come through the program facilitator. In general, keep the following in mind:
- Please do not enter facilities or participate in programming if you have been experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, during the past 14 days.
- Please remember when entering facilities or participating in programming that a cloth face covering or face mask is required to be worn, as mandated by the state of Illinois.
- If you don’t have a face mask, you may purchase a disposable facemask, if available, at the front desk for $1.00.
- Credit and Debit Cards are preferred when making a purchase or registering for a program.
- Hand sanitizer is placed throughout our facilities for your use.
- While touchless water fountains may still be operating, regular water fountains have been turned off. Please bring your own water.