UPDATED 12/31/2021 7pm:
The Cook County Department of Public Health has updated its mitigation order 2021-11, adding park districts to the youth exemptions. Therefore, youth participants, ages 18 and under, will NOT need to show proof of vaccination to participate in any/all Mt. Prospect Park District Programs.
Media Statement issued by the Cook County Department of Public Health 12/31/2021:
Today, the Cook County Department of Public Health is clarifying Mitigation Order 2021-11 to specify what will be allowed in youth athletics. CCDPH is acting in alignment with the Chicago Department of Public Health to have a consistent policy across Cook County and in response to requests for clarification related to youth athletics and recreation. CCDPH will continue to evaluate emerging science along with the impact of its orders and guidance and make necessary adjustments as needed.
The clarifying language states that the following are exempt from the order:
- Any individual 18 years of age or younger who enters a business subject to this order to participate in an activity sponsored by a school, park district, child care or after-school program, or other organizations as defined in guidance by the Cook County Department of Public Health
- Youth or adults participating in special recreation programs
- Spectators of indoor sporting events provided that no food or drink is being served and that they remain masked at all times
Masking requirements are still in place at these facilities. Other fitness facilities in these buildings, such as fitness centers for individual workouts or group classes for adults are still covered under the masking and vaccination orders.
An updated order and guidance will be issued and effective Monday, January 3, 2022.
Dr. Rachel Rubin
Dr. Kiran Joshi
Co-Leads and Senior Medical Officers
Cook County Department of Public Health
On Monday January 3, 2022, the Mt. Prospect Park District, as a government agency, is required to comply with this Cook County Health Department order.
At this time, to meet the requirements of the order, please be prepared to show visible proof of vaccination when:
- Entering the fitness centers at CCC and/or RecPlex
- Participating in Group Fitness classes (including Aquafit) and Pickleball Open Play
You may show your vaccine card (digital format accepted) to our front-line staff who will enter your information into our system. A photo ID is also required.
Please note as the situation evolves, District policies and procedures may change in the coming weeks. Masking policies will be strictly enforced. All patrons, ages 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status are required to wear a mask inside District facilities.
The District looks to the State and County to provide guidelines that allow us to serve all of our patrons. We thank the Mt. Prospect Park District residents for your continued patience and support.
Patrons with additional questions or comments, please reach out via Contact Us