Please review the new Tier 3 Mitigation Requirements as they pertain to Mt. Prospect Park District facility usage and program participation changes effective Friday, November 20, 2020.
Information will be forthcoming from Recreation Program Managers regarding classes for which you are currently registered. In general:
- RecPlex and Central Community Center are open and operational
- All indoor classes are currently paused or cancelled
- Some classes may be converted to a virtual format
- No Group Exercise Classes
- Masks worn in facilities and fitness centers at ALL times
- Fitness Center cannot exceed 25% of capacity
- 1-on-1 personal training permitted
- 6ft distance strictly enforced in fitness centers
- Locker rooms are closed with restroom accessibility
- Walking Track is open (must wear mask)
- Lap swim allowed Lap Swim Allowed (1 person per lane no exceptions), reservations required
- Masks must be worn at all times on the pool deck and in the locker room.
- Aquafitness Classes cancelled until further notice
- Private Swim Lessons cancelled until further notice
- Sharks Fall Swim Team cancelled
- All rentals are currently on pause except for 1-on-1 sports training. For additional information, please call (847) 255-5380
- No restrictions other than locker rooms closed
RecPlex & Central Community Center Hours
|Monday – Friday||6 am – 8 pm|
|Saturday RecPlex||8 am – 2pm|
|Saturday Central Community Center||8 am – Noon|
- RecPlex & CCC Fitness Centers Open
- Pool open for Lap Swim Only for patrons 18 and older. For details or to make a lap lane reservation, CLICK HERE
Not available: Open Gym, Group Fitness Clasess, Open Skate, Babysitting, PlayPlex, No Walking at Inline Rink
Fitness Membership FAQ's
Q: If I purchased a yearly All-In membership, will I be credited for the months MPPD was closed?
A: Yes, an extension will be given for the number of days the facility was closed.
Q: If I have a recurring membership, will I be charged when you re-open?
A: The first time you swipe in at one of our facilities, staff can instantly re-activate your membership if you so choose. If you are not ready to return, your membership will remain frozen.
Q: How can I lap swim at RecPlex without an available Courts, Pool & Track membership?
A: Several options exist including the purchase of an All-In or Premier Plus membership as well as the option to pay a daily fee.
Q: I do not plan on coming back, how do I cancel my membership?
A: Please call or stop in our facilities during posted hours of operation and we will cancel your membership.
Q: I purchased a variable membership that was frozen. I do not plan on coming back and would like a credit on my account. Is this possible?
A: Yes, please call our facilities to get the credit posted.
Q: Do I have to wear a face mask while in the facilities?
A: A face mask is required when inside any District facility.
Q: Are the locker rooms and showers available?
A: Yes. However, we recommend that you arrive dressed in your swimsuit or workout clothes. Limited shower stalls are available.
Q: Should I clean my fitness machine after use?
A: Yes, please clean the machine before and after use. We have wipes and spray bottles/paper towels available. Your efforts will go a long way in keeping everyone safe within our fitness center.
Q: What is the capacity of each fitness center?
A: CCC – 12 RecPlex – 25
The Mt. Prospect Park District adheres to the guidelines issued by the Cook County Department of Public Health regarding out of state travel. Members, program participants, and staff who have visited any of the high-incidence states for more than 24 hours are asked to comply with the 14 day quarantine guideline. Click here to visit the health department’s website for complete details.
Friendship Park Conservatory
For rental inquries or a tour, fill out a Rental Request Form
Lions Recreation Center
Lions Recreation Center is closed to general public.
The Art Studio
The Art Studio is open for in person classes. Closed to drop-ins.
Canine Commons Dog Park
Canine Commons Dog Park is open to current members. Face coverings are required.
Parks & Playgrounds
Playgrounds are open. Please keep the following guidelines in mind when visiting:
- Do not play on the playground if you are sick or symptomatic
- No more than 50 people at a time
- Wear face coverings in the presence of others
- Maintain a 6ft. Social distance whenever possible
- Play at your own risk. Playgrounds are not sanitized
- Caregivers are responsible for supervising children and ensuring guidelines are followed
What should I know BEFORE I GO?
There are a few things to keep in mind when entering a Mt. Prospect Park District facility for a program, workout, registration or event. In many cases, the list of requirements will come through the program facilitator. In general, keep the following in mind:
- Please do not enter facilities or participate in programming if you have been experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, during the past 14 days.
- Please remember when entering facilities or participating in programming that a cloth face covering or face mask is required to be worn, as mandated by the state of Illinois.
- If you don’t have a face mask, you may purchase a disposable facemask, if available, at the front desk for $1.00.
- Please visit the front desk upon entering a facility. You may be asked COVID-19 related questions indicating your good health as well as COVID-19 exposure at the time of entrance.
- Credit and Debit Cards are preferred when making a purchase or registering for a program.
- Hand sanitizer is placed throughout our facilities for your use.
- While touchless water fountains may still be operating, regular water fountains have been turned off. Please bring your own water.