- RecPlex and Central Community Center are open and operational, including Fitness Centers. Hours are expanding to include Sunday from 8am – Noon.
- Face masks are required to be worn at all times with the only exception being while swimming, and showering. (Updated 2/13/21)
- 1-on-1 personal training permitted
- Machines are spaced to allow for 6 feet of social distancing
- Locker rooms are open with limited lockers and showers available
- Walking Track is open
- Lap swim available, reservations required. To make a reservation, CLICK HERE.
- Face masks must be worn at all times on the pool deck and in the locker room.
- Aquafitness Classes, Private Swim Lessons, Sharks Winter Swim Team are back in-person
- Tot Pool Rentals available
- For rental inquiries please call 847-255-5380 for additional information
- Course closed for the season
RecPlex & Central Community Center Hours
|Monday – Friday||6 am – 8 pm|
|Saturday||8 am – 2pm|
|Sunday||8 am – Noon|
- RecPlex & CCC Fitness Centers Open
- Pool open for Lap Swim Only for patrons 18 and older. For details or to make a lap lane reservation, CLICK HERE
Not available: Open Gym, Open Skate, Babysitting, PlayPlex, No Walking at Inline Rink
Fitness Membership FAQ's
Q: If I purchased a yearly All-In membership, will I be credited for the months MPPD was closed?
A: Yes, an extension will be given for the number of days the facility was closed.
Q: If I have a recurring membership, will I be charged when you re-open?
A: The first time you swipe in at one of our facilities, staff can instantly re-activate your membership if you so choose. If you are not ready to return, your membership will remain frozen.
Q: How can I lap swim at RecPlex without an available Courts, Pool & Track membership?
A: Several options exist including the purchase of an All-In or Premier Plus membership as well as the option to pay a daily fee.
Q: I do not plan on coming back, how do I cancel my membership?
A: Please call or stop in our facilities during posted hours of operation and we will cancel your membership.
Q: I purchased a variable membership that was frozen. I do not plan on coming back and would like a credit on my account. Is this possible?
A: Yes, please call our facilities to get the credit posted.
Q: Do I have to wear a face mask while in the facilities?
A: A face mask is required when inside any District facility.
Q: Are the locker rooms and showers available?
A: Yes. However, we recommend that you arrive dressed in your swimsuit or workout clothes. Limited shower stalls are available.
Q: Should I clean my fitness machine after use?
A: Yes, please clean the machine before and after use. We have wipes and spray bottles/paper towels available. Your efforts will go a long way in keeping everyone safe within our fitness center.
Q: What is the capacity of each fitness center?
A: CCC – 12 RecPlex – 25
The Mt. Prospect Park District requires anyone who travels outside of Illinois to quarantine from our facilities and not participate in our programming for 14 days after their return from outside Illinois.
Friendship Park Conservatory
For rental inquries or a tour, fill out a Rental Request Form
Lions Recreation Center
Lions Recreation Center is closed to general public.
The Art Studio
The Art Studio is open for in person classes. Closed to drop-ins.
Canine Commons Dog Park
Canine Commons Dog Park is open to current members. Face coverings are required.
Parks & Playgrounds
Playgrounds are open. Please keep the following guidelines in mind when visiting:
- Do not play on the playground if you are sick or symptomatic
- No more than 50 people at a time
- Wear face coverings in the presence of others
- Maintain a 6ft. Social distance whenever possible
- Play at your own risk. Playgrounds are not sanitized
- Caregivers are responsible for supervising children and ensuring guidelines are followed
What should I know BEFORE I GO?
There are a few things to keep in mind when entering a Mt. Prospect Park District facility for a program, workout, registration or event. In many cases, the list of requirements will come through the program facilitator. In general, keep the following in mind:
- Please do not enter facilities or participate in programming if you have been experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, during the past 14 days.
- Please remember when entering facilities or participating in programming that a cloth face covering or face mask is required to be worn, as mandated by the state of Illinois.
- If you don’t have a face mask, you may purchase a disposable facemask, if available, at the front desk for $1.00.
- Please visit the front desk upon entering a facility. You may be asked COVID-19 related questions indicating your good health as well as COVID-19 exposure at the time of entrance.
- Credit and Debit Cards are preferred when making a purchase or registering for a program.
- Hand sanitizer is placed throughout our facilities for your use.
- While touchless water fountains may still be operating, regular water fountains have been turned off. Please bring your own water.