The Mt. Prospect Park District adheres to the guidelines issued by the Cook County Department of Public Health regarding out of state travel. Members, program participants, and staff who have visited any of the high-incidence states for more than 24 hours are asked to comply with the 14 day quarantine guideline. Click here to visit the health department’s website for complete details.
RecPlex Track Open
Starting August 1, members can begin using the indoor track at RecPlex. Track is included in All In, Premier Plus and Fitness Memberships or can be used by paying a daily fee of $7 for residents and $10 for non-residents.
Masks are required and users are expected to maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
RecPlex & Central Community Center
|Monday – Friday||6 am – 8 pm|
|Saturday||8 am – Noon|
- Fitness Centers Open
- Group Fitness Classes
- Pickleball hours
- Pool open for Lap Swim Only for patrons 18 and older. For details or to make a lap lane reservation, CLICK HERE
Not available: Open Gym, Open Skate, Track, Babysitting, PlayPlex, No Walking at Inline Rink
Mt. Prospect Golf Club
Open for play. Visit golfmtprospect.com for tee times
Friendship Park Conservatory
Closed to general public/drop-ins. Open for programming & classes.
For rental inquries or a tour, fill out a Rental Request Form
Lions Recreation Center
Closed to general public. Only open for programming
The Art Studio
Open for classes. Closed to drop-ins.
Big Surf & Meadows Aquatic Center
Closed for the season
Canine Commons Dog Park
Open for current members
Parks & Playgrounds
Open for outdoor recreation.
Playgrounds are open. Please keep the following guidelines in mind when visiting:
- Do not play on the playground if you are sick or symptomatic
- No more than 50 people at a time
- Wear face coverings in the presence of others
- Maintain a 6ft. Social distance whenever possible
- Play at your own risk. Playgrounds are not sanitized
- Caregivers are responsible for supervising children and ensuring guidelines are followed
What should I know BEFORE I GO?
There are a few things to keep in mind when entering a Mt. Prospect Park District facility for a program, workout, registration or event. In many cases, (Day Camp) the list of requirements will come through the program facilitator. In general, keep the following in mind:
- Please do not enter facilities or participate in programming if you have been experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, during the past 14 days.
- Please remember when entering facilities or participating in programming that a cloth face covering or face mask is required to be worn, as mandated by the state of Illinois.
- If you don’t have a face mask, you may purchase a disposable facemask, if available, at the front desk for $1.00.
- Please visit the front desk upon entering a facility. You may be asked COVID-19 related questions indicating your good health as well as COVID-19 exposure at the time of entrance.
- Credit and Debit Cards are preferred when making a purchase or registering for a program.
- Hand sanitizer is placed throughout our facilities for your use.
- While touchless water fountains may still be operating, regular water fountains have been turned off. Please bring your own water.
Q: If I purchased a yearly All-In membership, will I be credited for the months MPPD was closed?
A: Yes, an extension will be given for the number of days the facility was closed.
Q: If I have a recurring membership, will I be charged when you re-open?
A: The first time you swipe in at one of our facilities, staff can instantly re-activate your membership if you so choose. If you are not ready to return, your membership will remain frozen.
Q: How can I lap swim at RecPlex without an available Courts, Pool & Track membership?
A: Several options exist including the purchase of an All-In or Premier Plus membership as well as the option to pay a daily fee.
Q: I do not plan on coming back, how do I cancel my membership?
A: Please call or stop in our facilities during posted hours of operation and we will cancel your membership.
Q: I purchased a variable membership that was frozen. I do not plan on coming back and would like a credit on my account. Is this possible?
A: Yes, please call our facilities to get the credit posted.
Q: Do I have to wear a face mask while in the facilities?
A: A face mask is required when inside any District facility. You may remove the face mask while exercising but must put it back on when walking to a different exercise machine.
Q: Are the locker rooms and showers available?
A: Yes. However, we recommend that you arrive dressed in your swimsuit or workout clothes. Limited shower stalls are available.
Q: Should I clean my fitness machine after use?
A: Yes, please clean the machine before and after use. We have wipes and spray bottles/paper towels available. Your efforts will go a long way in keeping everyone safe within our fitness center.
Q: What is the capacity of each fitness center?
A: CCC – 25 RecPlex – 35
Additional Fitness Center Guidelines
- Members must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth when moving around the fitness center and when they cannot maintain 6 ft. of social distance. If members are distanced 6 ft. apart while exercising, they can remove their face covering.
- If a member is currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, they must wait to enter premises until they have had no fever for at least 72 hours, other symptoms have improved and at least 10 days have passed since their symptoms first appeared.
- 30 minute time limit on all machines.
- Members must clean and sanitize equipment before and after use.
- Members should maintain 6 ft. of distance during exercise.
- Equipment should not be shared between members at the same time unless from the same household.