Important Information for all dancers Fall 2021 – Winter 2022:
- MPSCB and SI Dress Code for Dancers 2021
- Winter 2022 LRC Drop-Off Pick-Up Instructions 1.12.2022 (1)
- Fall 2021 RPX Drop Off Pick Up instructions 10.2021
- Know Before You Go — Dancer Check List for Fall 2021
Due to the progressive nature of our program, some dance classes are only available to returning students. However, this winter, new dancers are invited to join the classes listed on pages 16-18 of the Winter Program Guide (either in-person or on Zoom, if preferred).
The dance program at the Mt. Prospect Park District offers students an exceptional and progressive dance curriculum.
- We have class offerings appropriate for students from two-and-half years old through elementary school, high school, as well as adult classes.
- We motivate dancers regardless of experience level: from recreational dancers to more serious students and even pre-professional young dancers.
- We offer Classical Ballet training through our own Mt. Prospect School of Classical Ballet, and other disciplines, jazz, contemporary, modern, tap, hip hop, and more through our own Studio Impulse.
- Specialty Classes such as Broadway Bound, Choreography, Poms, and Improvisation are also offered.
- We are proud to provide the opportunity for our dancers to aim to perform in one or more of our three performance troupes, Ballet Expressions, Impulse Dance Ensemble, and Riff Raff Dance Crew.
- We strive to provide the best environment for students to develop a love of dance and accomplish his or her individual goals. Our professional staff offers classes that are educational, motivating and fun. Classes are offered at Lions Recreation Center and RecPlex.