Remote Education Camp
A supervised and safe environment for children in grades K-5 enrolled in remote learning at a District 59 or District 57 school. Camp will follow your school’s timeline with staff providing “camp-like” activities for the remainder of the day. Our facility is equipped with Wi-Fi for your student’s device.
Hours: 7:30am – 6pm
- Drop off between 7:30-8:15 am
- Pick up anytime from the end of the school day until 6 pm
Location: RecPlex- 420 W. Dempster
- Weekly Registration. Register online through Webstore.
- Registration closes every Monday, 5PM, for the following week of camp, if space permits.
- Camp does not cover days off school (holidays, institute days, etc).
- Staff to camper ratio is 2:15.
- Groups must remain small in number in order to provide an indoor space for everyone while following safety rules and guidelines.
- For group placements, children may be in a room with kids from other grade levels and/or districts. Kids range from Kindergarten through Fifth Grade.
- All campers and staff are required to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon arriving at camp, leaving camp, and throughout the day as deemed necessary.
- All staff and campers are required to wear masks. Campers must provide their own mask. Campers cannot be left on site without a mask. If campers are socially distanced outside, staff may allow masks to be removed.
- Parents must complete a daily health screening questionnaire upon dropping their child(ren) off at camp.
School Supplies & Lunches
- All campers must bring their own School District Device (chromebook or tablet), as well as headphones.
- Children must bring their own labeled supplies. This includes: pencils and/or pens, markers, crayons, scissors, glue sticks, etc. Each child should bring a backpack to carry all supplies.
- Other items from home may be permitted for campers, such as: hard-sided items such as books, hand held electronic devices, coloring books, etc. Please note that the MPPD is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Children and staff must bring bagged lunches daily. There is no sharing of food and no reusable lunch boxes and/or bags allowed. Campers must also bring 2 separate snacks to eat, one during the morning half of the day, and one in the afternoon
- Campers must bring a water bottle daily.
The e-learning day begins with getting the kids up and moving! Outdoor walks are scheduled, if weather permits. It is our goal to both entertain and engage the campers after their learning is complete for the day.
Campers may be able to visit playgrounds. Social distancing activities may include: crafts, charades, pictionary, relay races (no contact), Guess Who, Writing/Story time, Themed Videos and discussions, science experiments, scavenger hunts, fitness/health activities. We will utilize the outdoors as much as possible.