The Mt. Prospect Park District would like to remind everyone that the safety and wellness of our patrons and staff is a top priority. The Park District is monitoring information daily from the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), and we have reviewed our procedures accordingly.
All facilities are currently being cleaned and disinfected multiple times throughout the day with a special emphasis of disinfecting high touch surfaces such as doorknobs, handrails and grab bars. The District’s standard sanitizing practices include the daily disinfection by our custodial staff of all classrooms, bathrooms, lobby areas, front desks, equipment and floors.
We ask that those who frequent our facilities to practice the following CDC recommendations, which are similar to those used to prevent the spread of influenza and other respiratory illnesses:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The CDC continues to update its information and recommendations. Please visit the CDC website at cdc.gov for additional information and guidance and recommendations for travel.
March 4, 2020