Offering nearly 50 classes a week, Passport Group Fitness has something for everyone. Participants ages 13 and up can drop in for a daily fee or purchase multi class packages. Intensity level can be modified based on class participants needs. Classes take place at RecPlex (420 W. Dempster St.) unless otherwise marked.
Passports expire 6 MONTHS from date of purchase.
A Taste of Yoga
The title says it…this class will offer you a sample of our yoga program.
Balance For Life
Get ready to enjoy our standing balance class designed to improve balance, core, muscular strength, and flexibility. Light weights and other equipment may be used.
NEW! Dancing Strong
Lively dancing with low impact cardio that may include intervals of upper and lower body strength training and core exercises.
Senior Forever Fit
This class meets the needs of our mature adults, beginners and those who have not exercised in years. Class includes light aerobics, walking, muscle strengthening and toning and stretching/relaxation.
NEW! YOGA – All Levels
A class for beginners and those who like to keep it basic. Students are immersed in the fundamentals of Yoga. You will be instructed and supported in learning the process of proper alignment in the poses, breathing techniques, the use of props in your practice to build confidence in your yoga postures.
Blending the focus of yoga, the precision of Pilates, and the muscular engagement of strength training.
A low-impact, high intensity workout, blending ballet principles and athletic movement to choreographed music and focuses on muscular endurance, body toning, sculpting, mobility and joint flexibility.
Spin classes are a great way to get a vigorous workout without the impact of running or jumping. You’ll burn calories and keep your muscles in shape while building your cardiovascular endurance and strength.
Spin & Strength
Spin followed by strength training and/or core exercises.
Spin & Yoga
Spin followed by yoga. Last 20 minutes of this class will focus on strengthening the core, elongating your muscles, releasing tension from your mind and body, and improving your posture.
Strength Cardio Training
Use various exercises in a circuit format to promote strength. Focus is placed on using correct form and alignment with a repetition goal. Cardio exercises are infused into the class to condition the heart and help burn calories.
STRONG by Zumba
Using the hottest fitness trends, HIIT and bodyweight training, experience a unique progression through four quadrants that represent varying levels of intensity. The high intensity intervals keep your body burning calories long after the workout.
A fusion of Latin and International dance themes, combining high energy dance moves and slower cardio intervals for a maximum calorie output. Strong uses high intensity intervals and bodyweight training to keep the calories burning.
4G: Guts, Guns, Glutes & Glory
Target specific areas using various weight bearing exercises for the upper and lower body. This is a great class to help increase bone density.
This high intensity interval training is the fastest and most effective way to burn fat. Combining 30-60 second intervals of high intensity training, followed by 60-90 second recovery intervals.
Quickly move from one exercise to the next, while experiencing cardio, strength, boxing, core work, Tabata, HIIT, plyometrics, yoga and much more. Each class offers a range of variety for a full body workout.
Hip Hop Fitness
This fun, energetic class will break down the newest Hip Hop dance moves choreographed to the latest music.
Combine slower paced step aerobics with easy to follow moves and combinations. Good for those who are new to step and those looking for a basic step workout.
Increase your cardiac capacity while toning your body from head to toe! Each 4 minute interval includes 8 rounds of 20 second high intensity work followed by 10 seconds of rest. Incorporate core toning with a cool down and relaxation segment at the end.
TBC-Total Body Challenge
A complete conditioning class that includes cardio aerobics, body sculpting exercises using weights and bands and stretching for the ultimate workout!
Tighter Assets Interval
EVERYTHING from the waist down is exercised in this class with bits of cardio intervals thrown in the mix.
Get the whole fitness package: cardio, strength, core and flexibility. Challenge your muscles in new ways each week.
- You may purchase your fitness passport only at RecPlex.
- The Park District reserves the right to cancel any fitness class with consistently low attendance.
- Passport pass must be scanned every time you attend a class.
- Sharing passports is not permitted. Each participant must purchase his or her own individual passport.
- Passport classes are open to anyone 13 years of age or older. No children under 13 will be allowed in class.
- Onsite babysitting is available at RecPlex during certain hours. Call 847-640-1000 to inquire on availability.
- Showers and lockers are available at RecPlex. Bring your own lock.
- The Group Fitness Passport expires 6 months from purchase date.
- Refunds/credits will be considered only in the case of illness. A doctor’s letter must be presented. There is a $3/person service fee.
- If your passport is lost or stolen, you must purchase a replacement card for $5.
- Seniors passport prices are available to persons 62 years or older.
- You have a recurring Premier Plus or Fitness membership or
- You are purchasing a recurring Premier Plus or Fitness membership at the same time you purchase your passport.