Members are expected to comply with the following guidelines:
- If you or your dog is feeling sick, do not enter the dog park.
- Enclosures are limited to 10 owners at a time, and owners should maintain 6 feet of distance from each other. If the enclosures are full, please come back another time.
- The small enclosure is reserved for dogs who weigh 25 pounds or less and is not available for additional distancing for large dogs.
- Face coverings are recommended
- Do not pet other dogs.
- Use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the dog park.
- Limit contact with high touch equipment like gates and benches.
- All dog users must pay an annual fee, meet Cook County and Village of Arlington Heights vaccination, health screening and licensing requirements and sign a liability waive to obtain a membership.
- Dog tags must be visible when using the park
- Each dog must have its own dog pass to use the park
- Dog passes are non-transferable and non-refundable
Canine Commons is an exclusive outdoor space just for dogs that is a joint venture between the Arlington Heights & Mt. Prospect Park Districts. Canine Commons is within Melas Park. Annual Membership is $50 for the first dog for Mt. Prospect Park District residents.