The Mt. Prospect Park District is applying for an OSLAD grant from the State of Illinois for improvements to Rosemary S. Argus Friendship Park and the Friendship Park Conservatory.
The proposed project would combine new park amenities and improvements including:
- Refurbished pedestrian pathways and the looping of the path system
- Resurfacing the main parking lot
- New 250 person event pad and electric service next to the FPC, with a permanent structure for about 120
- Fitness Stations along the walking path
- New shelter near the playground
- Refresh and enhance memorial gardens
- Resurface the existing tennis courts
- Accessible drinking fountain at the Concessions Building
- Additional tables and benches throughout the park
- New landscape plating and trees throughout the park
Thank you to all the residents that reviewed the plan and gave feedback during our Community Forum.